Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ready for the holidays!

After a hectic week of training and traveling to Chicago and Ryan's work Christmas party last night, I spent today relaxing, Christmas present shopping, and getting into the Christmas spirit.  We went and picked up a little Swiss Christmas tree and decorated it with ornaments. When we moved in together 3 years ago, we decided to make it a Christmas tradition to give a surprise ornament to each other every year that symbolized something unique about the past year. We slacked off last year (2012) since everything was still so busy with our move to Switzerland; but, I love our 2011 ornaments that we brought with us to Switzerland: I gave Ryan a key with a ribbon on it that said "2011, our first home together" and Ryan's ornament to me was the ring box that he put in the Christmas tree when he proposed. We haven't exchanged 2013 ornaments yet, but I'll be sure to share them when we do. In the meantime, Ryan found an adorable cat ornament for Pumpkin so that he could join in on the ornament exchange fun :)

I only have 2.5 more work days standing between me and my trip to Jordan and then the holidays! I can't WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment