Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

There's no place like home

The last few weeks have been crazy to say the least. Fortunately, a quieter stretch is in sight and its time for me to start rejoining the blogisphere... starting with a quick recap of our trip to the US a few weeks ago

In late May, we headed back to to the US to Ryan's brother's wedding.  Fortunately, I was also able to plan some extended time off before and after the wedding -- I flew into Boston before to spend some time with Boston friends and coworkers and then I took some time off after to spend time with my family in NH.  The trip was a perfect blend of celebrating the love of a wonderful couple and spending quality time with our nearest and dearest family and friends

Relaxing at Ryan's family's lake house in upstate NY
The beautiful bride and groom and their immediate families
Yours truly -- see Mom, I promised to take more photos with me in them!
Wedding shenanigans with the nieces and nephew
"Let me take a selfie"
Hanging with the family on the couch at home <3 
Siblings at the lake in NH -- we were able to spend an entire week together!
Handsome brother and my favorite lake
No trip to New England is complete without a lobster roll
My overall conclusion from the week: I truly miss home... don't get me wrong, I love our experiences and adventures in Europe and I would say yes again and again to the opportunity to move here, but after almost 2 years in, my homesickness is starting to settle in a bit. Said in another way, spending valuable time with family and friends while home makes me immensely happy but also reminds me that there just truly is no place like home....

No comments:

Post a Comment