Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Vacation recap: Part 1 in Geneva

This weekend marks the beginning of the end of my glorious 2 week vacation. I can't believe it is already almost over :( My mom and I have had a fantastic time adventuring around Switzerland/France and also partaking in a solid amount of relaxing between mini trips.

In the first few days after returning from St Moritz, my legs were in some serious pain after the half marathon and the weather was not acting particularly nice to us. Accordingly, we decided to chill out around Geneva for a few days - we ran errands, found recipes and made dinners and cupcakes, hung out with Ryan, went for a bike ride along the lake, took walks, and sat out by the beach. Since living in Geneva, and aside from the weekends, I haven't really taken the time to simply live, relax, and enjoy myself here for a few days without having an agenda, traveling elsewhere, and/or rushing back and forth. It was really wonderful to just simply relax and spend time with my mom (and Ryan when he wasn't working).

Checking out the lakeside activities while on our bike ride. Geneva offers a free bike rental service from multiple locations around town. Here is how it works: after you provide a CHF20 deposit, you can use a bike for free for 4 hours - it was my first time using this rental service, and it was really a fantastic way to get around the city. By the way - check out the adorable kids' sailing class behind me, mini sail boats + mini kids = too cute!
Soaking in some sun at the wakeboard club
Summer vacation - don't leave me!

No comments:

Post a Comment