Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Welcome!

Today is an exciting day in the life of my little blog -- on the (approximate) anniversary of our second year living in Switzerland, I am opening this blog to the public blogosphere.

If this is your first time visiting my blog, welcome! Here is a bit of history on me: My name is Lauren and I started this blog 2.5 years ago when my fiancĂ© and I were living in Boston. At the time, we were presented with an opportunity to move to Geneva, Switzerland.  We had so many thoughts running through our minds those first few months, that I decided to channel them into a blog.  This blog is a compilation of my personal musings and adventures, which chronicle our expat experience, starting with our decision to move abroad and following us into the moving process, settling in a new country, traveling around Europe, developing new friendships, and most importantly - learning to call Switzerland "home".

This blog has been used over the past two years as a way to keep our nearest and dearest family and friends updated on our life overseas.  After two years of blogging to my beloved little audience of 30 people, we decided to share our story and ramblings with the greater public (that is, to anyone who finds it interesting!)

Here are some fast facts on me to catch you up to speed:
  • I'm 29 years old and I'm originally from a small town in New Hampshire
  • I lived in Boston for 5 years (go Sox!) until moving to Switzerland in 2012
  • My husband's name is Ryan, he's pretty fantastic
  • Our family and friends in the US mean the world to us, and we miss them dearly
  • We have also made fantastic friends in Europe, and they are our family away from home
  • We love to ski and do outdoors-y things, which makes Switzerland ideal for us
  • We are cat lovers; but, sadly our beloved cat, Pumpkin, passed away a few months ago
  • We both have full time jobs in Geneva
  • We love to travel, but we also enjoy spending equal amounts of quiet time at home
Feel free to browse around and read my story. To the right of this page is my blog archive, with my posts starting in May 2012.  I'm excited to share my world with a larger audience, so please don't be shy - explore, say hello, leave a comment, and come back often!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on taking your Swiss Blog public! I've loved reading about your adventures since the beginning and I know there are so many more good things to come. Best wishes!
    Love, Snooze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Snoozella!! I've loved having you as a reader XO

      Delete