Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Just another day in wine country

Last weekend Sam and Eric came to Geneva and we were trying to decide where to explore on Saturday when Ryan came home with news that his co-workers were heading to a local wine festival, so we decided to join in on the fun.  We took the train 15 minutes away to the town of Gland and for 15 Swiss Francs, the wine festival was offering bus transportation between 15 different wineries and a wine glass for as many tastings as you wanted at any of the wineries. AMAZING! The area was really beautiful, we could see the now snow-capped Swiss Alps in the background and we spent the afternoon meandering from winery to winery tasting different wines and eating delicious homemade soups and pizzas supplied by the wineries.

I think the “older” I get and the more we continue to live in cities (Boston, Geneva), it only increases my appreciation for the beauty and simplicity of mother nature.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the convenience, history, and variety that cities provide; but, I also REALLY love just hanging out in the mountains and vineyards and enjoying the amazing scenery around. I guess those are the NH roots in me :) And then you throw in wine, a fun loving husband, and good friends and it just becomes icing on the cake. Days like this day make me stop and realize that no matter how ridiculously frustrating this whole moving process can be at time, we are pretty darn lucky to be living in this amazing country/region.






Ryan's coworkers

The Alps and Lake Geneva from one of the wineries

Courtyard of one of the wineries

Little train that goes through the wine country and picks up passengers

No comments:

Post a Comment