Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Diane's Baby Shower

I'm on a sibling roll this week!  In mid-July, my mom and I hosted a baby shower for Diane and 30 of her closest friends/coworkers.  It was such a fun day celebrating Baby B with so many people that have oodles of love for Diane, Jon, and baby.

Our theme was mint green (as Di and Jon have chosen to keep the gender of the baby a surprise until the birth) and baby jungle animals.  My mom and I were a little worried whether all of the decorations and theme would come together as we planned it entirely from afar, but everyone loved it in the end, including the most important person, the momma-to-be!

The food spread: salads and sandwiches 
Note the oreos in the back - there is now a skinny version of oreos with mint filling!  What will they come up with next?!

The gifts waiting to be opened 
This diaper cake was so fun to make!
Some of the mint green favors my mom collected for the atendees
Diane's niece Rivka helping her open presents
No baby shower is complete without adorable cupcakes!
This little guy enjoyed his cupcake
And I mean he REALLY enjoyed it!
We also set up a onesie decoration station, which turned out to be a great way to get the attendees involved in a non-game way.  I bought adhesive that pre-ironed it onto various fabric squares and then the attendees cut out their own shapes and ironed the designs onto onesies and bibs.  It was super easy to do and the resulting creations were adorable!




The finished creations
My favorite picture of the day - the 3 Kwist ladies!
It was so much fun to plan and host this shower for Diane, she is always doing so much for others in her life, so we were happy to spoil her for a day.  I can't wait to see her become a mom, she will have endless love to give Baby B... and even better yet, I can't wait to meet my new nephew or niece and shower him/her with love, yay for Auntie status (again)!



No comments:

Post a Comment