Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ideas for Boston contributions

I mentioned last week that I would be on the lookout for ways to contribute in the wake of the events last week in Boston and wanted to share them with you.  I don't want to make anyone feel in any way compelled to contribute in the same manner, I just wanted to share with you some of the ways in which we decided to help in case anyone else back home or here in Switzerland has also been looking for resources:

In case you haven't already heard, The One Fund Boston, Inc. is the official fund that Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino established to collect donations to help the victims.  It has already raised over $20 million so let's keep it going! 

In addition to this general fund, I donated to a fund for Brittany Loring. Brittany was one of the interns in my Boston office last summer and was one of the people hurt.  She is in the process of recovering but will have rehabilitation ahead of her.  I have heard that it could take awhile for The One Fund Boston, Inc. to start distributing funds to the victims, so to make a quicker impact, you could donate on the Give Forward fundraising site set up for Brittany.


No comments:

Post a Comment