Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I heart visits from loved ones

Since we live an ocean away, we don't get to see our families nearly enough as we would like and we have grown to really miss them - accordingly, one of my favorite parts of living abroad are visits in Switzerland from family and close friends. Its such a treat when they come to stay with us in Switzerland because it means uninterrupted quality time, without having to travel or organize our schedules and we get to introduce our family and friends to the Switzerland we have come to love.

Even though I have to work this week in preparation for flying to the US on Sunday for an extended trip home over the next few weeks, my mom and dad are visiting and it is wonderful to have them here to spend some quality time with Ryan and I and to do a little adventuring on the weekend and weeknights.... and I will admit that no matter how old I am, its always nice to be taken care of by mom and dad!

Over the next few months, several more family and friends have trips planned.  Thankfully our first Christmas and New Year's week away from home (cue the sad face!) will be brightened with visits from my brother Andrew and Ryan's brother Jamie with his fiancĂ©, Holly. Who is next on the Swiss visitor train?! :)

Arrival dinner with raclette and a delicious homemade fondue! 
Chilling on the couch with my favorite people (+ cat)!





1 comment: