Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sisters' weekend in London

Last weekend I met my sister dearest, Diane, in London for a girl's weekend!  She was in town for a conference the following week, so we both arranged to arrive in London on Friday to spend some QT with each other.  Unfortunately I was feeling a little under the weather, but we were still able to make the best of the weekend and we had a blast exploring London.  We both realized that as we get older and our lives change, taking time out of our busy lives to spend quality time with each other is super important to ensure that we keep our sisterly bond going strong in years to come. We enjoyed the weekend so much that we decided we would try our hardest to plan annual sister weekends each year (and hopefully in fun destinations!). Thanks for coming in early to spend time with me Diane, I love you to the moon and back!! XO

Catching a nap in between discovering the sights to get rid of my sickness!

What girls' trip would be complete without checking out some bling? The crown Jewels at the Tower of London -- the home of the world's LARGEST and second largest diamond in the WORLD. The largest diamond is worth only a tiny sum of ONE BILLION dollars! Madness!!
Getting a tour from a real "Beefeater" at the Tower of London. I would highly recommend this tour and a visit to the Tower of London, it was one of most informative and fun tours I've ever been on.
The tower bridge
Some REAL fish and chips!
There daffodils were in full bloom throughout the city
An interesting juxtaposition of old (Tower of London) and new (the Shard skyscraper) in London
Parliament and Big Ben 
Westminter Abbey
One of the entertaining observations I had while visiting London this time was two very random "Swiss" influences that I stumbled upon in the city. 
The first discovery was a large structure/monument that I almost walked into in Leicester square - each emblem is one of the Swiss canton flags and this monument was given by Switzerland to the UK in 1991 as a token of the "lasting friendship" between the two countries.  So much for "neutrality" ;)
This second discovery clearly made me really excited. A food stand dedicated entirely to my favorite Swiss treat, raclette, at the Borough market! YUM!
Watching the changing of the guards at Buckingham palace
Beautiful day at Buckingham Palace


No comments:

Post a Comment